Low sperm count is among the leading causes of infertility in guys. Therefore, it is vital for every dude to know how to boost his sperm count naturally and to have sufficient knowledge about factors that results in low sperm count in guys.
Factors That Lead to Low Sperm Count
Some of the main factors that lead to low sperm count include:
· Some STD’s
· Hormonal problems
· Unbalanced diets
· Hereditary factors
· Lack of semen ejaculation
· Exposure of the scrotum to extreme heat
· Some antibiotics and drugs that attack the sperm cells
Now let’s look at ways to boost your sperm count:
1. Consuming Healthy Fats
Studies show that oxidative stress and dietary stress can significantly reduce your sperm count. For example, in 2007, experts at the University of Newcastle emphasized the need for consuming healthy fats. They found that polyunsaturated fats give sperm the “food” they require to produce a fluid plasma membrane – affecting the movement of sperm, the shape of sperm, and fertility.
Sadly, polyunsaturated fats are especially susceptible to oxidative stress. Different lifestyle choices that boost the oxidative load in your body include activities such as drinking alcohol, eating processed foods, and smoking. Hence, it is important to find a good source of polyunsaturated fats to supplement your diet.
2. Improving Your Diet
Consuming plenty of fresh vegetables, fruits, legumes, and whole grains can help increase your sperm count. Also avoid coffee, tea, foods with artificial additives, and refined carbohydrates because they can affect your sperm count.
In addition, maintain your perfect weight. Food deficiency in guys leads to a decrease in sex drive and structural alteration to reproductive organ leading to low sperm count. On the other hand, obesity can be linked to impotence and low sperm count – may be because of higher temperature originating from excess fat surrounding the testes.
3. Reducing Stress
Stress is an emotional condition that occurs when life events overwhelm an individual. High levels of stress lead to serious health issues including fertility problems.
The following stress coping methods will aid to prevent the probability of a low sperm count as well as increase sperm health in gentlemen.
· Meditation – Research shows that frequent meditation changes your brain’s neural process to be suppler to stress.
· Breathing deeply – Breathing deeply slows your heart rate and lowers your blood pressure, hence reducing stress.
· Smiling – Lightening up your world by reading or watching comics, listening to jokes, and social networking will aid to reduce stress, thus increase sperm count.
· Resting – Sleep deprivation’s issues outweigh its benefits. Never try to stimulate sleeping through drugs or pills. Whenever you feel stressed or tired, you should rest instead of forcing yourself to meet a demand or target. Rest can really boost your sperm count.
4. Being Hydrated
Water is very important for the optimal metabolism of a living thing. Every dude requires about four liters of water every day to prevent dehydration of the body, and hence prevent cases of low sperm count.
5. Avoiding Sugary Drinks
Alcoholic and sugary drinks should be avoided because they are high in calories and unhealthy. About two liters of healthful drinks such as fruit juices and yogurts are recommended for guys wanting to boost their sperm count, and hence be fertile.
Shocking, several lifestyle choices impact your sperm quantity, quality, as well as delivery. These are choices that you should change to boost your sperm count – such as your stress levels, exposure to recreational or industrial toxins, and the foods you eat.